Friday, June 16, 2006

England 2 - 0 Trinidad & Tobago

I couldn't keep this blog up without mentioning the most important event of this year, the World Cup! Last night was not only an England game, but also Andy and Emma's final night with us in Malaysia, as I write they are in mid-air on their way home, nursing nasty hangovers :)
It was absolutely fantastic to have them with us for the last 3 weeks and when we've recovered from our own hangovers, we'll probably miss them, possibly a lot. I will certainly miss my footy watching pal who has shared the joys of watching England and all the rest of the games. Its a bit of a pain here as some of the games kick off at 3am, but at least the cable tv repeats all the action constantly 24 hours a day.
Last night our new hero ( never thought I'd say that word about him), Crouch, got us the win late on and then we got to enjoy a Gerrard classic, the rest of the game was a bit of a slog, but it was good to see Rooney back on the pitch and Lennon looking good to. The other highlights of the evening were winding up an idiot from Northern Ireland by telling him he was English :) ( he left at halftime ) and then for the first ever time in my life I sleep walked. We'd had a teeny weeny bit to much to drink and got back to the hotel at about 2am after the game (kick off midnight). We went to bed and I found myself at about 5am standing in the corridor outside our hotel room, very confused and very naked, wondering what the hell was going on. Luckily no one was around and I somehow had the wits about me to ring our door bell and Sam came and rescued me. I seem to remember her being a bit annoyed with me, before realising what had happened and then laughing at me :) Really, really, wierd!!!!
Some cracking matches coming up, particularly Argentina v Holland and Brazil v Australia. Heres hoping we beat the Swedish for the first time in decades in 5 days time and also that we manage to avoid Germany in the second round, we don't want to humiliate the tournament hosts just yet!

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM , Blogger Andy said...

Can I just say, it was a very worrying sight and something which confused me no-end in my state of inebriation. As the doorbell went, I said "Who's that at this time of night!?" Andy didn't reply. This was because he was standing to attention outside the hotel room, butt-naked in the corridor of our 5 star hotel. I demanded to know what he'd been up to, after all it looked rather suspicious. Totally weird. I swear some bloke was giving us amused looks at breakfast this morning...maybe Andy took a little tour down to the lobby in the lift?

 
At 9:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello my lovelies, has taken some time to be in a fit state to write as hangover++, 3 hours sleep and 20 hours travelling has taken significant recovery time, so much for the intention not to drink for the England match! The thought of Andy naked outside the room is doing much to lift my spirits at this post holiday transition period. A brilliant time was had by all and we are hoping for a lottery win so we can meet you in Borneo next week. Love you both xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home