Wednesday, January 31, 2007

England, sweet England...

Returning to England in January after a year away is quite possibly one of the lowest points in my life so far. There are a lot of factors at work here involved in my despair and actually some of the time, I think its good to be back. I realise I’m not in Darfur, Iraq or some of the other more horrifying places on the planet to live, but England with its grey skies, its air of aggression and the general hectic ness of life, is pretty intense at times. Adding to my blackness has been a massive bout of jetlag, which lasted a week or so and then just as I thought I was getting over that, a nice, big cold with a thoroughly enjoyable dry, tickly, hacking cough has come to stay. Great. On top of all of this my mind has been full of weighty decisions that have to be made in the very near future. Where should we live? Brighton? The outskirts? Somewhere else in England? Australia? When we’ve decided where to live then we obviously have to find the right property and potentially get a preposterously, sickeningly large mortgage. Possibly £200,000. Gulp. Oh and then organise a wedding, and reproduce. Yup its finally time at the age of 35 that I have to do ‘adult’ things. Did I mention that we start back at work tomorrow? No? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
So you see, I’ve been a trifle out of sorts  The biggest come down ever after the biggest party ever I guess. If I haven’t been very good at getting back in contact with you all then hopefully you’ll understand where my head is at and rest assured I’ll be back to my normal self shortly.
On a positive tip some things are good to get back to. Seeing everyone after so long has been very, very good indeed. and its extra specially good to be staying in Helen’s luxury house till we get our act together. Hanging out with Hel, walking the sausage dogs, doing a bit of cooking and lounging about has been just what the Dr ordered. Also nice is to be able to watch some good old fashioned British Tv and see some damn good films too. Last night I finally watched the whole of The Hostel and almost as good as watching the film, was watching Helen cowering behind a cushion as she tried to avoid seeing daft Yanks being tortured. Getting my computer back up and running had been great and after 3 days of trying to make my synth work, it now does and it’s been f**king brilliant to be making some music again! I’ve not done anything concrete yet, but just getting back in that musical saddle again, remembering how the software works, has all been good. I’m using Acid Pro 5 and Fruity Loops currently, although as soon as I’m hooked up on broadband again, I think I’ll be grabbing Acid 6 from somewhere and seeing what number the latest Cubase is up to.
Walking around Brighton I've noticed alot of new graffiti here and there and very good it is too. It's good to see some nice art work adorning the shabbier bits of town, mind you London road is still a shit hole, oh yeah, you can swear on my blog now if you want Alex ;)
More thoughts from me coming to this blog soon.

4 Comments:

At 12:48 PM , Blogger Tim said...

Hooray, isn't it great to be back! I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffered from a week long jet-lag followed directly by a cold. Lovely eh?

I need a holiday.

 
At 6:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

Now do you see why so many of us have relied on your blog to remind us that there are sunnier climes than Brighton beach?! At least now Sam can knit with renewed purpose!

Hope you start to feel better and more settled in soon ... give us a shout when you do and we'll go for a beer (or three) to drown your Blighty blues!

Sarah & Rob xx

 
At 3:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't despair, there are good times ahead. Keep creating and blogging, how about one on knitting Sam?

Looking forward to catching up properly, give uas a call soon.

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger Andy said...

Tim: Hi mate, sorry I haven't been in touch, still got the flu and not getting on the comp much, maybe its malaria?

;)

Sarah: Will defo go for beer soon, going for one with Cath next week, so will call about it.

Toby: I'm sure you'll be able to get some knitting tips of Sam's new knitting blog soon :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home