Saturday, November 26, 2005

1913 and all that


A quick history lesson if I may.

Several incidents of historical note happened in 1913:

Emily Wilding Davison was trampelled under King George V's horse at the Derby, eventually leading to voting rights for women in the UK, whether this was a good or bad thing will not be discussed here.
Canberra became the official capital of Australia.
The Ford Motor Company started the first assembly line in the world.
The first domestic electric fridge came on the market.
John Logie Baird, inventor of the television died...

and John Watson, my Grandpa, was born!



On Thursday, I gave my Grandpa, his first computer tutorial and first introduction to the Internet. It's a massively confusing experience and if you ever manage to navigate your way to this website Grandpa ( remember Left-Click on Start > Turn Off Computer > Turn Off. ), I'd just like to say Welcome and Sorry for any rude words from my 'friends' in the Comments sections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home