Friday, November 30, 2007

Climbing the Walls. . . :)

Literally at the end of our road is a big, wall climbing facility. I've started going there with my mate Dan from work who's not long been going himself. James took me climbing in Shoreham earlier this year which was a really good first taste for it, so its wicked to have a place so near me now.
The walls are probably about 10 meters high, which is easily high enough to make me whimper like a girl once I've reached the top and have to let go to be brought safely down to earth by Dan. For those of you unfamilier with climbing, there are ropes strung from the ceiling dangling down the wall. You both wear harnesses and attach yourselves to a rope. One person climbs whilst the other person stays at the bottom and keeps the rope taut, so that you can't fall.
It's all good fun, even though it's indoors, I feel like I should be outside constantly here. I've yet to persuade Sam to come climbing, I think I'm on a losing battle here :)
I finally got round to seeing Perth Glory yesterday, Perths useless footy team. They're bottom of the league and have won only one game all season and luckily for me managed to win their second game yesterday! They were playing Melbourne Victory and yes, they've all got shite names, probably the worst being 'Queensland Roar', I wish I was joking...
$25 (£11) gets you into the ground, not a bad price, there were about 8000 or so people there, which was a reasonably full stadium and a pretty good atmosphere. There are seated and terraced sections and you can go and watch the game from almost wherever you want. The actual football isn't exactly Premier league standard, but it's ok, a few beers and the added bonus of cheer leaders during half-time made for a thouroughly enjoyable match, especially as we (I'm a Perth supporter now ) won 3-1. I managed to video the second goal for your perusal, quite a nice effort.

If anyone fancy's a chat online sometime, then download Skype from here and if we're online at the same time, we can wave and pull faces at each other via the magic of full screen video link broadband. We are often in (and online) between 9am and 12pm UK time, email me or Sam for our Skype contact info.







Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory :)

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM , Blogger Sam said...

You didn't tell me about the 'girls'...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home