Sunday, December 04, 2005

Packing for a year away

What do you take with you for a whole year?

Obviously I'm gonna need some pants, at least 2 pairs to be safe, I'm thinking maybe some socks, although sandals may be worn most of the time, so I think I'll ditch the socks, sod it, I'll take one pair. Definitely need some tee-shirts, although am gonna buy some in Japan, so maybe one for the flight. Got me Gore-tex for the all weather types experience and got me walking boots / trainers. Definitely gonna take a toothbrush, Sam can bring the rest of the toiletries! Erm, probably a book or two, must remember passport and cash cards!!
That's my bag packed, hmmm, there seems to be alot of room in it, better fill the space with adapters for the technology I need to take!!!!

So... the main items to take for a year away are:



One Playstation Portable with games and 1gb memory card full of comedy programmes to keep you amused on those long flights and to keep the Sammie quiet with Lumines. Also comes with Wifi Internet for free browsing in countries with broadband.




One Creative Zen Xtra 40gb Mp3 player. Absolutely essential. Take every peice of music in your collection with you. I could do with out most things for a year, but not music. What you really want are some half decent speakers to take with you, so you can enjoy the full fruits of your music...



How about Creative Travelsound speakers? They're tiny, but suprisingly loud with a nice amount of bass. Amazing, who'd of thought it.




Now, i'd be lying if I said I wasn't gonna take any photos whilst we're away and to get some really marvellous shots, I've invested in a Canon 300D Digital SLR. This camera is awsome. It takes some amazing crisp and vibrant pictures. You can use it fully manually or as automatic as you like. It's a 6.3 Megapixal camera which isn't sounding as massive as it used to, but the quality of the pictures + the range of lenses gives it the edge over much, much higher megapixal cameras. Now I love my Canon, but it is slightly on the bulky side, not the camera I want to take for a night down the pub....



However, this one is! This is in the post to me as I write. It's a Sony P200 7.2 Megapixal and it's got some stonking reviews. This camera is gonna sit nicely in my pocket... if I remember to pack any trousers... and is gonna take me some purty pictures.

Wow, I think that's it, my bag is full, it literally is full of adapters though, can see that being annoying, lots of extra batteries and memory cards. Finally, although it's not in my bag, Sam has got a new camera coming in the post as well, surprisingly she turned down the gorgeous looks of the violet Canon Ixux i and instead went for the not at all bad looking Panasonic Lumix DMC - FX9.

This is a 6 Megapixal camera, with a massive 2.5 inch screen on the back. It's also got an Image Stabiliser for Sam's shakey hands after she's being playing to much Lumines and can also take a damn fine picture!


If any thieves are on the road between Tokyo and London, via alot of SE Asia, Oz and Nz, I am fully insured, so help yourselves ;)

4 Comments:

At 5:43 PM , Blogger windcheater said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger windcheater said...

and another thing, I can't believe your bringing speakers with you. Are you going to be carrying your things or have you hired a gang of coolies to lug everything about whilst you strike them with your walking cane, free arm held smartly behind your back. In a pith helmet. And stupid shorts.

Then again, you could bring them to Japan, realise your folly, and leave them here.

 
At 5:38 AM , Blogger windcheater said...

You are SUCH A GEEK.

And I love you.

I hope you don't seriously think you'll be wearing sandals when you get to Japan cos it will be very cold. On second thoughts, no, come as you like, t-shirt and shorts will be fine. If you smell though there is now way you are coming in my flat (Sam excepted obviously).


(felt all guilty so edited my post)

 
At 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having been away myself, for a short a time. I can only believe your trip was planned using a NASA brochure through the post. Certainly I assume you are taking breathing equipment!!!

MIKE(CCU)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home