Monday, July 24, 2006

Cakes 'n' Booties

Can I first of all point out this is not an ultrasound of my womble!! So calm down everyone - mine is well and truly barren...(phew)
I've been harbouring two massive secrets for far too long now. This blog is dedicated to good tidings and congratualtions to 4 people very close to our hearts.

The first secret, is that we are about to become Auntie Sam & Uncle Andy once again. My brother Math and his wife Louise are expecting their first baby in November! It is truly exciting and while we won't be home in time for his/her arrival, we will be celebrating Kiwi style! Here it is all snuggly and warm at five months old. Poor Mum has had sickness and headaches and all sorts to contend with while Dad has been away diving which has given him opportunity to think of amusing baby names such as "Stella" (after his favourite beer). I remember Mum telling me during an online chat some months ago whilst we were in Cambodia. We toasted the moment with a couple of bottles of Angkor beer - how about "Baby Angkor?" It would be original... We still don't know if it will have pink or blue booties, we'll have to wait another four months to find out. Well done you two!!! We're over the moon!

Secondly, another reason to wheel out the champagne (and didn't we have trouble trying to find some in Kuala Lumpur?) is that there has been a proposal. A proposal which, I might add, was quickly and graciously accepted. (Again, this does not involve me, so chill out). There we were on the beach in the Perhention Islands (or rather there I was - Andy had gone off for a dive), when I happened to look over to "Beer Corner" where Em & Andrew were having lunch. It appeared as though Andrew had fallen over, for there he was on his knees in the sand. I thought nothing more of it, but thought how in love they looked on walking across the beach together. As they approached me, Em flashed me her big shiny ring, which startled me somewhat. After much "He didn't !!" "He did!" "You're not??" "We are!!" I only finally believed them when I saw that Andrew was a bit pale and wobbly. And Em was probably the nearest she'd ever come to speechless. We celebrated that night with warm chardonnay (sorry guys)...we'll get the Verve in in January '07. Enjoy the Charles and Diana shot and lets hope the ending is more favourable ("Whatever love means") and that Andrew won't run off with a Rod Hull lookalike. So there it is, two happy stories for us all to rejoice in. Congratulations to you all. Let the panic over trust funds, cakes and dresses commence...

5 Comments:

At 12:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flan says:

take note young padouin and you too could jedi master be.....

bigger rock will be needed..

congratulations Andy and Em!

xxxx

 
At 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to your brother and his wife Sammy.....there's lots of fun to be had, tears to be shed and sleepless nights to send you crazy....

Big congrats to Andy and Em, although i nearly choked reading it thinking my bro had finally got round to asking you.....all good things come to those who wait Sammy, that's what i reckon (although i am still waiting myself!).

Well done Andy & Em....i shall raise a glass of vino to you both when Joe and i get to Italy at end of this week. Ciao xxx

 
At 4:42 AM , Blogger Andy said...

Our proximity to each for the last 6 months has been of Siamese proportions...I know there is no sparkler in the depths of his rucksack...and now I know how he checks to see if his feet smell - the (6 year) hesitancy may be no bad thing...

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger windcheater said...

blimey, congrats Andy and Emma!

And Sam, you have a brother named after an American High School subject? boomboom (maybe thatshould be named 'for')

sorry, big congratualtions to you two too :)

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Andy said...

Mike: Nice to hear from you mate, hope alls well! Good news about Duff for the toon I reckon, if he can stay fit though. ery nice surprise that was :)

Al: LOL +++++++++++

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home