Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oz Tv

After a hard day in workhouse Australia, my wife and I retire to the drawing room to peruse the local Tv stations. As at home, there's a lot of crap on, but here there's even more. We don't watch tons of telly, but what we mainly end up watching are British shows. Kitchen Nightmares, BBC documentaries, there's one on at the mo called Wild China, which is pretty cool, Ladette to Lady (Genius). There's not a lot of good Oz-made Tv, everyone seems to love a program called 'Good News Week', which is a rip off of Have I got News for You, but without the humour, I've actually been accused of not understanding Ozzie humour, but the sad truth is that its too mild for me. When they show films here, which is most nights, they fill them full of adverts, at least every 15 minutes, it drives you mad. They have got the weather here, but I'll take good old British Tv back any time. In watching all those adverts, we've spotted an absolute corker and I don't know if its on at home, so at the risk of becoming Chris Tarrent, please enjoy this little beaut :)



4 Comments:

At 7:51 PM , Blogger Tim said...

Those adverts are cracking.

Cheers for the comment on Flickr the other day.

Glad you guys are still having fun out there. I'm pretty jealous. We're moving too, but to Sheffield, which isn't quite as sunny and lovely. Gemma's going back to Uni to try and become a Zoologist.

Enjoy the Kimberleys, and keep posting to this blog. It's in my RSS reader, so I do see when you update it.

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Andy said...

Sheffield is a great place, my sister lives there, so have been there a fair bit, would be quite happy to live there myself!
Also would fancy doing Zoology too, nursing is v. dull, the people are nice, but the job is boring.
Maybe I'll update this blog a bit more from now on, we'll see, its all too easy to be lazy zbout it :)

 
At 2:41 PM , Blogger windcheater said...

telly is just crap

period, as our yank cousins like to say

yes there are some gems, but....on the whole

I will gladly quote you to Ozzies here when they slag of Japanese TV as if OZ TV is some kind of cultural yardstick though :)

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger John Eustace said...

Eagerly waiting for pics from your latest trip. Also looking forward to getting together with you (assuming you have the energy) before we head north ourselves.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home