Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sammy Samosa's Story

Hi. Now it's my turn. Time to inject some interest into our site which currently reads like the latest Dixon's catalogue. I'll give him his due though, it's not all boys toys. Amongst the current pages you will see lots of rancid photos of me. Whilst I'm sure you will find this all terribly interesting, I'm going to tell you all about me. I am 29 and quite a few months old. I spent much of my life in a small Northern town called Barnard Castle. It was a hard decision, leaving behind my gorgeous family, but one I had to make. Living a life devoid of the luxuries of central heating, running water and nightlife for 18 years, I moved to Brighton. The coaldust had permeated my lungs leaving me gasping for some excitement so I decided to become a nurse. After many years in the game (not on it), I realised I needed more than irate relatives, leg ulcers and the waft of malaena to get me going (nurses out there, hear my prayer), so in 2000 I went to South America. I spent time in Brazil with the gorgeous people who know how to wax; I went to Bolivia with the slightly less attractive people who have never heard of wax; a very short time in Argentina eating cow and looking at beautiful waterfalls, far too long (4 days) in Paraguay feeling anxious, and a very wheezy time in Peru trekking the Inca trail. Then I returned and my life became REALLY exciting...In 2000, I met Andy, the love of my life. (Thanks to the matchmaking efforts of our best buddies Em & Andrew - It was one way to get rid of me.) After five years of living and working together we have worked our ever-expanding bottoms off and saved our pennies. We have earned the title of "The Richard & Judy of CCU" and made our colleagues' lives miserable with our endless planning and going on about our World Tour 2006. We are off on the trip of a lifetime, something I have dreamed of for years. Rather than take the Abi Titmuss route, we will be leaving the NHS in a very different direction. After working up to 80 hours a week for the past year, we are ready for it...but is the rest of the world ready for us? We hope to gain a lot from our experiences, and in return, hope to give a lot to the people we meet along the way (and I don't just mean the MRSA).

1 Comments:

At 3:24 AM , Blogger windcheater said...

The love of your life?


awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww


that is SO














INSANE ;)

can't wait to see you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home