Sunday, December 25, 2005

Kimi......whoohoo!!!

I'm excited and no it's not cause it's christmas day, although I am a bit excited about presents and going round to Em and Andys for mmmmm roast duck. No the reason for my excitement is that I've booked up a hotel in Tokyo tonight! I'd been doing some heavy duty research into where to stay and what area to stay in, assisted by Alex San, Ant San and Sam Sama. I'd seen several places, but every time I emailed the hotel / hostel, they were fully booked mid - January which seemed a bit odd. Finally, phoned a place we'd seen on the net that looked traditional Japanese, in fact from the web pics on their site, it looked the nicest place out of any of them within our price range ( cheap ). From the 17th January for 3 nights we'll be at the Kimi Ryokan, ryokan being the name for a Japanese traditional Inn I believe. They speak English at the Kimi, which makes things a tad easier for Mr monkey and it's pretty near one of the big stations in Tokyo. If anyone's interested in Japan generally, then have a look at japan-guide.com it's got a shed load of information about things to do, see and eat. I've already found my ultra nerd museum to go to in Tokyo, here's how it reads on the site "The National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation: This well done, highly interactive and bilingual science museum includes exhibits about environmental issues, robots (starring Asimo among others), information technology, biology and space exploration". That's right.....Robots, mmmmmm. Sorry Sammy, but monkey love the robots, ooh ooh. Talking of Sam, she's only gone and done her first post ain't she, wierdly it's below the Beckham post, can't quite figure out why, but please scroll down and have a read!!!!

3 Comments:

At 3:29 AM , Blogger windcheater said...

Yep that concrete exterior looks very traditional ;)

seriously, does look quite nice. Much nicer than the one I stayed at in Osaka this year that along with my hangover almost drove me to suicide.

Have you booked your train to Hiroshima? What day you coming? Let me know before you book cos I want to meet you at the station if I can.

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger Andy said...

we've booked in 4 nights at the Kimi, so I guess we'll be heading your way on the 21st, will book a train when we get to Tokyo I suppose, hadn't really though about it.

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger windcheater said...

might be cheaper if you do it now yo

are you coming by shinkansen? If so, try and book it now. They do 15,000 yen tickets if you book a cerain time in advance. And get a train that arrives after 3 o'clock then I'll come and meet you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home