Friday, December 30, 2005

Packing for a year away......Part 2

Just in case anyone had forgotten what moving house is like, let me tell you it's rubbish! I've lived in only 2 places in the last 8 years, so I'm not used to it and it's very tedius. We are living in a sea of box's and ahead of me is the grim prospect of carrying these box's down four flights mainly by myself. I'm sure Sam will carry the odd box, but she'll be on cleaning duty and everyone else seems to be at work, well it is a Tuesday. If anyone reading this fancys helping out, then 12 Rugby Court for 9am start please. We are driving up to Sheffield to see my sister on the Tuesday afternoon, then up to the Geordies where we are storing our stuff for a year. Thank God for Matthews attic and really big thanks to Tom and the gang for putting flooring in the attic just so we can put our stuff there.

We had our works leaving do on Thursday down the Sidewinder and very pleasant it was to. I'd like to say a massive thankyou to everyone from CCU for our pressie! Our present was a walk over the Sydney Harbour Bridge (Really, I'm not joking, actually right over the stupid thing) not only are we going to be forced to look like fools in these blue jumpsuits, but also it's going to do nothing for my fear of heights! Couldn't you have booked us a slow drive over the Sydney Harbour bridge instead? Actually I think it's going to be wicked, although am slightly disappointed that apparently you can't take cameras on the bridge, in case you drop them on the cars below....stupid cars! Also thanks for the Yen, very nice and very well thought out presents! I was going to totally forget about CCU for a year, but now I'll think of you lot once, maybe even twice :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home